WHAT THEN (in poetic prose)




EXERCISING MY VOICE




This one’s for mine in kind.
What then,
what did you think you’d find,
your hen?

Would you strip me of my passion?
Extinguish my flame?
Am I no longer in fashion?
Did you think me lame?

Slither on the ground
and hide under a rock?
Here I am, still around,
watch me prance like a Cock

No excuses,
just revving up.
Watch my juices
still just a pup.

Turn me inside out
even pop out my eyes
if you have doubt.
Check me like merchandise,

you who are devout.
My will I possess.
It can not be bought.
I won’t acquiesce.

I am not just an afterthought!

If the roar of the malcontent
called out their lament
my silence would circumvent
their original intent.

I won't give up for what I fought!

I am a giant red oak
adjusts to the wind
all your saws won’t provoke.
I can't be skinned.

You want to change me?
You Sir, are in the wrong field.
No, not this old tree.
you won't, you can’t break this shield.

There are no sheep here,
I won’t apologize.
So sorry my dear,
I don’t compromise.

This particular shaped block
will never fit your round hole.
Let's just call this a deadlock.
I'm one you'll never steamroll!


Armand Hamouth



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: