A SINGLE TEAR



A POEM WRITTEN


IN PROSE

I do not draw well,
but I can fake it
and I’m a great doodler

Regardless
I decided to draw love
for a friend in peril
for a friend in need.

Nothing common
like hearts,
clouds,
angels,
or cupid
she is more
special than that.

I wasn't looking for just
a representation of love,
a picture of
flowers
and
candles
and
chocolates
the situation
called for more .

Nor
did I want it to be
what love might mean
with nature at the forefront
with oceans and mountains

Or
beyond nature
stars and moons
or even galaxies.

Affection
and
even sex
is a marvelous
part of love
but it is not love.

There
would be no
hugs,
embraces,
kisses
or hands holding.

I
wanted
it to be
love
not about love.
I
wanted
it to be
unique
at least to me
something
new
something
fresh.

I practiced
and
drew it repeatedly
and
finally,
I was
satisfied.

I drew a tear
a single tear
that contained
my sorrow
my fear
my shock

that contained
our laughter
our joy
our zeal


and
if you looked
carefully
if you looked
through the tear,
you could see it there

clear as day

my
LOVE

on the
other side
of
my tear.

Armand Hamouth



Stumble Upon Toolbar