THIS WORLD OF ONES




IN THE STILL


OF THE KNIGHT

Now that you are gone,

WHO

will every morn,

lift the sun,
unveil the sky,
etch in the clouds?

WHO

will paint the rainbow?

Now that
'US'
is just a word.

No longer with you as
ONE,
alone I try to wind up the metal toys,
and cut out paper dolls,
but with the beach
swept from under my feet
the child in me flees.

Instead now rusted,
a fools gold chain of loneliness
hangs around my neck
like a noose.
Mourns a union
that once had breath,
a twosome, that now is dead.

AND

the moon no longer smiles,
the stars no longer wink.

In this decade of one,
hope is a wick less candle

AND

THE

NIGHT


IS

JUST

THE

DAY


WITH

OUT

LIGHT.

Armand Hamouth

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"... Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. ..." (Genesis 2:24)

INVITATION

Invited hereby to my site
please be. You see I poems write
and knight like fight and youth alight.
This poem says it. Godly, right?

I want more readers. I want you
to come as if out from the blue
and tell me what I write is true
and make my motivation new.

Why you? This is not spam, God’s dear.
I stand by what I do. I care.
Your senseless love to me I fear.
I mean it. I am good. Take care.

Visit: Poems of A.W.E.